Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Organizing Jewelry

I started getting really interested in earrings a few years ago. I've always had my ears pierced and never thought it was a big deal. But a few years ago my mom and sister decided to re-pierce their ears. Well, that got them into earrings, and wanting fun earrings. And that led into me wanting cute earrings and I started having fun with earrings. So now, I'm the one into earrings, and them, not so much. Oh well.
I have been getting a lot of jewelry lately and when I do, it is usually super cheap. Because if you can get it super cheap, why buy expensive jewelry? Hello! It just doesn't make sense. Some great places to find inexpensive jewelry is: Target clearance, Kohl's clearance, Forever 21, or make a craft store( make your own)! 
So here are two different ways that I store my jewelry.
This first way is using a cork board. You can buy these in a 4 pack for $5! Great price. And I used little pins that you find in the sewing section for like $1. I actually got this idea from a magazine. They were selling their jewelry and just had a few pieces, and I thought that it was a wonderful idea. And it worked really well. Towards the end of using this, I started just poking the earrings through the cork, so the pins really aren't that necessary.

Next to that I had my bracelets. And this idea came from my little 7 year old brother. I was trying to find a way to hold my bracelets, and he said, why don't you just use nails. GENUS! This worked really well. All I did was nail some nails into the wall and hang my bracelets. Super simple and very thrifty!

Now my bracelets aren't such a genus idea. They are just kind of piled on to a nail. I didn't know what to do with them.
Now I moved into an apartment, and didn't want to cause so much damage with all the nails, so I had to come up with another solution. And I found it! Yay

This is a jewelry accessory holder. I bought this at Target for around $10. I really like this thing. It hangs where ever you want it. I have mine in my closet. And it has all these pockets for my jewelry. And its double sided! So on this side, I have all my bracelets. I do wish the pockets were more see-through, but that's OK.



This is just a close-up of the pockets. Now the other side is my favorite!

I never thought I would find a better way for my earrings than before, but I love this! Instead of putting the earrings in the pockets, I poked the earrings through the pockets. This holds and shows my earrings so well. It just makes me so happy! : D 

Just a couple of close up of these. The plastic is really thin, so it made it real easy to poke through. For the ones with a clasp hold (like the blue one), it just holds on to the top. And the ones with backs, just poke through, but you need to take off the backs and put it somewhere else or they will fall out.

 Both times this is what I kept my rings in. I bought this at Urban Outfitters in their clearance section. And I love how it looks vintage and old, yet cute. So I thought it would be perfect for my rings, and it looks pretty anywhere.

So there are two good organizing options. The first one is great if you have a getting ready area, and don't mind hammering nails into your wall. And the other option is good if you have space in your closet or space to hang up something. Also, I don't really have any good ideas for necklaces. So if you have any good ones, please let me know! Or if you have any good ideas for your jewelry storage, share with your words or pictures.
Peaces! Stay TPC

No comments:

Post a Comment