Saturday, August 20, 2011

Summer favorites!

Hi guys! I am back. I was out on an amazing cruise for a week, but now it is back to reality. So since its been a while since I posted, I decided to do a summer favorite post. Some of these items I was going to do a haul on, but since its been a while I just decided to throw them all in the same one.  So here it is.

First off is the makeup products I have been using.

These are the face products I have been using. The first one up top is ELF's shine eraser ($1). And these are just blotting paper that you use during the day when your skin gets oily, and you don't want to reapply makeup. I really like these, you get 50 sheets and they are super easy to throw in your bag. Underneath that is my foundation. This is the NYC skin matching foundation.I like the formula. It does blend into my skin real good, and it is med. coverage. Which I like, because I don't want to be cakie, but I also want it to do something. This was only like $3 I think. So I thought why not, I will try it. And I am glad I did. Underneath my foundation I apply ELF's tone correcting concealer. As you see i have 2. They are similar in color, but one is slightly lighter than the other. I use  the lighter one, apricot Beige, under my eyes. And the slightly darker one, Honey, as concealer on red spots and blemishes. These blend in nicely and cover well, plus they are only $1 each. :) Above that is my powder. It is also from ELF for $1. It is the Clarifying Pressed Powder in the color Honey. I really like this powder. It covers up well, but doesn't make you look cakey or powdery. But it is really loose and gets everywhere, at least it doesn't look like that one your face.  



These are the main face brushes I have been using. I love these. They are also from ELF. The one on the left is the powder brush ($3) and it is the softest brush ever. I actually use this brush with my foundation. It works perfect for it. I just stipple it on to spread it evenly on my face and then smooth it in using circular motions. Love this brush. The other one, professional powder brush,($1) works real well also. This one I use for my powder. I just really like the E.L.F brush line. They are really good quality for an amazing price. Because brushes are so expensive, but I can tell that they make a difference with my makeup.

This is my awesome moisturizer. It is the Target brand, up & up, in dual-treatment moisturizer. This is Target's version of clean & clears moisturizer. This baby moisturizes your face and prevents and gets rid of pimples. So it is very multitasking. And I feel that it works. I was afraid it would break me out, because acne preventing stuff sometimes does, but it was surprisingly gentle.



These are the two eye shadows I have been wearing the most this summer. They are both from Victoria's Secret and I got them in a sale for $1.75, and they are normally $7, which to me is a little much for 1 
eye shadow. But I do love these shadows. They are very pigmented, versatile, and seem to last a long time. The first one I have is called Gold Rush, and I think it is my favorite. It has so much color and goes with everything. Sometimes I will use it all over my eye, sometimes as a highlight, sometimes in the inner corner up to the inner lid, or all over with a different color in the crease. Just very versatile and I feel like the gold is really summery. Love it! The next one is called Violet Night. This one is much more subtle, especially with the glitter. And these colors work really well together to give you color on your eyes, but not shockingly. I really like this combination, but easily it can work with other shadows.
OK, I know, I know... More Elf products. I just love this cheap line, but the purple one in the middle isn't ELF, so its not just an ELF favorites. LOL The first one is ELF's eyelid primer($1). This stuff works really great, and you don't need a whole lot. Just a little and your eyeshadow colors show up better and last a lot longer. Next to that is my ELF professional eye shadow brush ($1). This is my all time favorite eye shadow brush. It just gets the color on easily and can be used on your lid, or crease. It's just the best. Then I have the essence blending brush(2.50). At first I didn't really care for this, but the more I used it, the more I understood how it works. When using this, it takes away hard edges of your makeup, and/or makes your eyeshadow more lighter and smokey. The last eyeshadow brush is also from ELF and it is the professional smudge eye sponge($1), I like to use this on my eye liners to make them look less done and intense, which is perfect for summer.





Here are the lip stuff I have been using this summer. They are all very different, but I love them all. The first one is a super bright pink. This is NYC liquidlipshine. But I don't know the color, sorry. This is a great color for going out, or when your wearing really neutral makeup. So pretty. Lately I have been getting into the nude lip. So I found this lip gloss from essence from their xxxl shine lipgloss in nude kiss. This gives a great pinky nude look without making you look washed out. The last one is a lipstick from ELF called seductive. I was kinda afraid of this. Because it was only $1, but I thought, hey why not. And I love it. It gives a better than your natural lip look It is a soft reddish pink and looks great.



Here is a better picture of the lipstick itself. It is very soft and gets kinda messy in the tube, but looks great on. So that is it for the regular makeup stuff, now on to other things.



Like this brush. It is from conair ($3) and I got it because I wasn't happy with my own brush and wanted to try a new one. This one was a great price, came with two, and would be able to fit in a purse. So I bought it, and really liked it.

A couple other favorites have been dresses and sandals. I just think these are perfect summer essentials. They are easy to throw on, aren't too hot, and look super cute!

I love this funny looking thing. I bought it at Macy's for $5. It is so great. OK, so you put this under your shirt,but over your bra, and it helps hid unwanted cleavage without having to wear another shirt. It is just way too hot for that. Plus it gives a different color or pattern under your shirt. These fit really well, and don't move around, so your not constantly readjusting.
Now, the next things, are more of a program I love. It is called Birchbox. And it is UHHmazing! I'm telling you. So, it is a monthly beauty subscription. And for $10 a month you get beauty products in the mail. YAY. So much fun. Each month you will get 4-5 beauty samples. And some are full size and some are tiny. I love this because its like getting a present in the mail and you try out different products and most are expensive brands.



So these are my favorite products from the last 3 months. The first one is purity face wash. And I really like how gentle this face wash is on my face. However, it did break out my mom's face, and it doesn't remove eye makeup very well, but it removes everything else and leaves your face so soft. Next is the amika oil treatment. And this is for your hair. I really like this stuff. And a little goes a long way. It softens my hair and makes it look so much better than it did before, just more healthy. This nail polish I actually got this month and was soo happy. It is Zoya in the color Shay. This polish is super pretty, and I am actually going to do a nail polish of the week on this one. So keep an eye out for that.


I moved the next two products to the lid of the box, so you could see them a little better. The powder stuff is from Laura Geller and is a blush -n- brighten in honey dipped. I really like that this is a full size product. YAY, but I was disappointed at first, because the other colors were more blushy and this wasn't. But I went ahead and used it, and I really liked it. I use it kinda like a bronzer/highlighter. I use it on my cheeks, temples, around my chin, and down my nose. And this just brightens up your face and gives you a great glow. It also works really well as an eyeshadow. The very last product is from your best friend and it is the automatic brow pencil in the color universal taupe. I actually use this as an eyeliner, not a brow pencil. I like the color, because it is very subtle, but it is kinda rough on the eyes, and takes a lot of strokes to show up. Also, this product has a brow wand on the other end, which is awesome. And I use that to fix my mascara on my eyelashes or I put Vaseline on it and use it as a clear mascara.
So those are my summer favs, sorry it was like super long! I didn't realize I had so many new favs. But there they are! All the items I have been using and loving this summer. Peaces Stay TPC :)

No comments:

Post a Comment